Welcome back - I hope everyone is staying safe and warm in the new year. Here in Seattle, I actually saw snow flurries outside my window this morning!
So, what have I been up to lately?
Things are pretty slow with Bitsy just now, but there are still a couple pieces of news:
- A recording of the talk I gave on Bitsy last year is up on YouTube, so if you missed it live you can watch it now if you'd like. :)
- Also, it's the end of an era: the Bitsy Talk Discord server is winding down. To give folks an alternative place to discuss games they're working on, swap tips & tricks, etc. I've re-launched the itch.io forum - I'd love to see you over there, so come say hi!
Outside of Bitsy, I'm steadily chipping away at the exploration platformer game I've been working on for a while, and I've been posting about it (mostly screenshots) from time to time over on cohost.org. It's been a nice low effort way to feel like I'm making progress. After I'm done with the game I'm hoping to spend some time writing in more depth about the process of making it, what my goals were, and the various tools I've used or made while working on it.
Until then, here's a GIF of a funky rendering bug I'm still trying to fix:
What am I reading?
- weathering software winter by Devine of Hundred Rabbits: I think the work they're doing with the Uxn virtual machine is super cool, so it's fascinating to learn more about the journey behind it.
- I liked this post about a good sandwich by Nicky Flowers :)
What am I playing?
Here are a couple of Bitsy games I played recently that I thought were great:
- Abandoning by Fffrog
- The Bottomless Well by yas.misi
If you want to get updates when I publish a new post, you can follow my RSS feed or subscribe to my email newsletter. Thanks for reading!